avenger vs frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: avenger vs frontier

avenger vs frontier

Hi, I might think of changing my avenger 2004 for a newer model ( not new, used one). Any tought of an avenger vs frontier. good side and bad side of the 2 of them. Which one you guys would choose
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    Hi, I might think of changing my avenger 2004 for a newer model ( not new, used one). Any tought of an avenger vs frontier. good side and bad side of the 2 of them. Which one you guys would choose
    there is nothing that I can see wrong with the Frontier or the newer air cooled Kohler 747 engines. I don't think that you can get the liquid cooled motor in the Frontier. You would have to order the 25" wheels because they come with the 24s. also the rear axle extension is an option,I think andI don't think that you can get an 8 wheel Frontier with the Admiral tranny. I might not have all that correct but I think so. Also the 8 wheel Scout gets 26 HP. from the 747 air cooled but non Scouts are rated at 23HP,Iwonder where those 3 horses went??

I think the other three HP is there in the engine, it just sports the 23hp decal. Much the same as the way outboard motor companies creatively badge their engines.

avenger vs frontier

That sounds like a fact to me.

The regular Frontier uses the ECH730 23HP engine and the Scout uses the ECH749 26 HP engine. So its a different Kohler Engine configuration. Sorry its not a decal marketing thing. There is 3 more ponies in the one engine.

looks to be same engine, probably just a different ECM tune.
    It's another way to get folks to choose a higher $$ machine that looks slick and has a bunch of installed options. You can argue that there is value in a trim package like that, but only if you were going to add those specific options to a base machine anyway.
    An EFI frontier is a great bang-for-the-buck options because you get EFI, HD parts, and AT189 tires stock. It costs thousands of dollars to add/upgrade this to pre-2010 avengers.
    It really comes down to the deal you find. A non-admiral transmission machine is every bit as capable, but only the newer ones get the aforementioned parts from the factory. All admiral transmission machines have those parts from the factory. I would say to strongly consider EFI, then place the importance on HD parts 2010-later, then consider which is the best deal to help you pick an admiral tranny machine or not. The tranny won't make you any more capable, but the increased durability of the newer axles/bearings/tires is worth a lot.
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-01-2016 at 01:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread