Argo tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo tracks

Argo tracks

Hi everyone I've got an 08 avenger with argo rubber tracks I use one and a while in snow in the mountains. Do I need to add anything to my drivetrain to ease the wear and tear? Nothing was said to me by the dealer yet on this forum I hear otherwise. Could someone please enlighten me regarding this, thanx.

Speak to tim @ Adair Argo, he will sort you out with track turners and new spacers, fantastic pieces of kit.
    Also size your tyres correctly on your machine will help too.

Aonther good idea is to research the other style of tracks (adair, escargo, Channel) and then sell the heavy rubber tracks and but something lighter with better traction. Keep in mind that ALL tracks have pros and cons.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

What are track turners and I have wheel spacers if that's the same thing? there isn't a dealer on Vancouver Island so I use alberta distributor or one in Vancouver but their fairly new at it
    Last edited by Wayne Schmidt; 07-09-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Schmidt View Post
    What are track turners and I have wheel spacers if that's the same thing? there isn't a dealer on Vancouver Island so I use alberta distributor or one in Vancouver but their fairly new at it
    Track Tuners are basically a spindle/bearing assembly that allows your center wheels to spin freely. They take the place of your existing "Axle Extensions" (Spacers).
    They do really help reduce stress, wear, and Chain Windup.

You will not find them just anywhere, so do yourself a favour and call Tim or Mike at Adair Argo (Google is your friend)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RD

Thanks for all the info, I will certainly have tuners before I put the tracks on again

+ Reply to Thread