Argo Response Pulls to Left with clacking noise. HELP!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Response Pulls to Left with clacking noise. HELP!

Argo Response Pulls to Left with clacking noise. HELP!

Hi Folks: I am new here and would first like to say thanks for all the awesome information here on ARGOS.
    My hunting buddy has an ARGO 8x8 Response of uncertain year but it is an older unit.

It runs straight at first but after a while it starts pulling to the Left badly and there is a clacking sound under the floor pan on the Left side. The clacking and the pulling start at the same time so it seems related.

We are going Moose Hunting on Thursday in a very remote area of Newfoundland Canada so we really need to figure this out.

We have not had much luck troubleshooting the problem so far.
    Can someone please give me some troubleshooting steps?

Once it cools of it is good and runs straight till it heats up again.

I don't know what year it is but I have the serial number if anyone can figure out the year from the serial and model number I'll post it.

Please help
    I gotta get me moose bye!

I would take a look at the brakes. Sounds like one is dragging causing it to pull. The noise you hear is most likely the chain tensioner. It's easy to check and adjust. The other thing to look at is the idler chain that connects the brake tranny to the idler shaft. I had one that wasn't adjusted right and the chain ate the brake sprocket up bad. If all of that is good to go check the tire pressure and size all around. If you have over/under inflated tires it causes chain windup due to the different speeds of the tires.

Change the brake fluid, use DOT5. If there is water in the current brake fluid it can lock the brakes when it heats up.

I agree with JohnF. Check your brake fluid. If you are out somewhere and it heats up on you the try loosening the caliper cover to release the pressure until you get back. This is just a quick fix. Make sure you have good pads and chains are all adjusted properly. There are manuals on the home page fir just about every AATV going and a lot of "how to" things as well.

Remote NL moose hunting...Could be anywhere on the island outside the overpass....lol

Hope you get your moose. My wife and I are going moose hunting this coming weekend with the bow.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread