Hmm, I'm going back 20 odd years or so when he was surly, he may have altered now. The insurance thing for playdays is rearing it's ugly head again. Apparently, according to a mate who used to run them and a few landowners I know, it's all to do with some negligence ruling.

Example given to me ran something like this.
Bloke A organises a fun day, bloke B pays his money and enters site. Bloke A has marshals, cones, tapes etc marking off safe areas. Bloke B gets out his motor and lies down in track on other side of large hump. land Rover comes over hump and squashes him. Bloke B sues Bloke A for negligence. Court rules that it was possible for bloke B to do this therefore Bloke A is negligent for not taking it in to consideration and putting marshal there !!!

Now this ain't bull, this is from the organisers themselves, this is what the courts are ruling. I know in this country you can't sign away your rights regarding negligence, and it looks like the no win no fee mob have jumped on the band wagon. Hopefully Cameron will do as he says and bring in an idiot law absolving organisers from this sort of stupidity in order to get compo.