Hey Folks,

I've been following off and on lately but haven't really had time to post let alone eat I've been so busy with work (military). I have done a lot of searching for older argo upgrade/accessories to tech out our machines but I'm not really coming up with a whole lot in terms of good explanations and pictures for people's after market projects on their older argos. I am a little more experienced at welding and fabrication than the common man/women and luckily I have a lot of drive to fix the many mistakes one makes along the way to creating something new I searched the web to try and find ideas to create a portable duck blind combined with my argo, but to no avail. So I'm either looking in all the wrong places (totally possible) or there just isn't that many people posting the ABC's to their projects. So I've decided to do my best to post info with pictures on all the projects I complete on my argo. So the goal of this project was to create a argo/duck blind. It all started when........... my hunting buddy and I took the argo to a new chunk of swamp packed with ducks that we received permission to hunt the night before. The game plan was to set up a small permanent duck blind on the other side of the swamp to discourage recreational users. There is approx 60m of cat-tails on relatively solid mud then 10m of cat-tails and the worse possible mud/water/goose s%#$ you can imagine. So I generously offered the argo as the chariot to take us to the other side. I decided I wasn't going to install my Super Tracks, because I do enjoy testing the limits of my argo. So we got there early, packed the argo like a mule and set off through the reeds. We needed some coaxing to get through some spots (mainly due to turning and requiring to brake while doing it) but all in all it was looking pretty good. We approached the 10m of mud hell and I pinned it. In my head I was picturing a car chase down the streets of San Francisco and me coming out of the reeds on the water side like a car flying over intersections. Needless to say this was not the case. About 2" from the waters edge, one whole side of the argo sunk into the mud and would not move. We did everything we could to un-stick it but nothing was working. We rocked and rolled it, and while I was at the controls, I noticed a glowing light emanating from under my hood cover. I quickly removed it to notice a small electrical fire. After tending to that, we noticed that the frame had come loose from some of the rivets being rusted and made contact with the back of the ignition switch causing a Dead Short. I'll save you hours of other hilarious antics; long story short we just sat in the argo, leaning heavily to the right side, cam'd it up the best we could and hunted the morning from it. It gave me the time to design a way to create a portable blind out of the argo so as to literally drive to the waters edge, throw the cam over and hunt. So I started my project this week. I will not forget the tracks again and they will be installed before the next outting. But here's some pictures of my progress. I encourage comments and critiques as I realized a long time ago that I am not perfect and I design a lot of my projects off things I can find on the internet. I'm very visual and hope this can help someone else in the same predicament. We have the best ATV on the planet, we might as well use them for everything