Take Two On The Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take Two On The Max IV

Take Two On The Max IV

Jotted down some of my thoughts earlier this year on my ownership of a older Max IV,now I have had a chance to take it out during the deer hunt season in a year where we had up to a foot of snow and then rain and huge mud holes.First off I will say the machine for the vintage is pretty darn sturdy it surprised me understand I have owned for a good stretch 8 wheeled Argos on tracks,but this fall I tripped around our area in the Max solo where trails did not exist pushin down saplings clambering over rocks,stump,s, deadfalls, and the ole Max got me around without a hickup,only issue was clawing over a deadfall that would normally not be a problem with the 8 wheeler I became hung up as the axle spacing allowed the log to pretty much contact the body and the slippery log the tires on either side jus spun and I was beached like a upside down turtle,and I have 25,s on it.Not a big deal as the machine weights half of the Argo so a little tug and she was off,all this said Iam pleasantly impressed I put it thru some big bogs and this is where I normally go with tracks and got it stopped a couple times but a bunch of back and forth and wiggling it sideways to the ruts drove out crossways to the swamp hole never drug out the winch cable.Drawbacks not near enough stowage area,and by yourself its great with anyone else in the front seat where I had to sit to the side of the sticks it sucked,the sticks should be right or left of center for my liking,as Iam famine resistant and of a larger girth.All in all the Max works great the Argo still has a big job as it hauls in the goods like a freight train and pulls the world behind it but when I was off to a tricky area that required some tic tac toe pickin thru the bush I left the Argo home,I think that for my purposes a Buffalo truck might be a great go between.Cheers NCT

Nice overview,NCT. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Nice overview,NCT. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
    It just that most AATV folks up here have never sampled a Max as dealers are sparse to say the least,so for most part Argo is the only well known unit,its only here say about other builds it is great to have the opportunity to own a cross section and be able to share my thoughts.NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Jotted down some of my thoughts earlier this year on my ownership of a older Max IV,now I have had a chance to take it out during the deer hunt season in a year where we had up to a foot of snow and then rain and huge mud holes.First off I will say the machine for the vintage is pretty darn sturdy it surprised me understand I have owned for a good stretch 8 wheeled Argos on tracks,but this fall I tripped around our area in the Max solo where trails did not exist pushin down saplings clambering over rocks,stump,s, deadfalls, and the ole Max got me around without a hickup,only issue was clawing over a deadfall that would normally not be a problem with the 8 wheeler I became hung up as the axle spacing allowed the log to pretty much contact the body and the slippery log the tires on either side jus spun and I was beached like a upside down turtle,and I have 25,s on it.Not a big deal as the machine weights half of the Argo so a little tug and she was off,all this said Iam pleasantly impressed I put it thru some big bogs and this is where I normally go with tracks and got it stopped a couple times but a bunch of back and forth and wiggling it sideways to the ruts drove out crossways to the swamp hole never drug out the winch cable.Drawbacks not near enough stowage area,and by yourself its great with anyone else in the front seat where I had to sit to the side of the sticks it sucked,the sticks should be right or left of center for my liking,as Iam famine resistant and of a larger girth.All in all the Max works great the Argo still has a big job as it hauls in the goods like a freight train and pulls the world behind it but when I was off to a tricky area that required some tic tac toe pickin thru the bush I left the Argo home,I think that for my purposes a Buffalo truck might be a great go between.Cheers NCT

Good one, must remember that

Well actually Rod the truth be told Iam drought and famine resistant not overweight.NCT

+ Reply to Thread