Homemade Conquest Hardtop Build Thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Conquest Hardtop Build Thread

Nice job on the cab! Now that's something you can be proud of. I like the cabin too.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

thanks guys! yes, for sure. I am proud of the way it came out and its working great so far.

I bought a battery charger i'll plug into at night when argo is at the cabin just to make sure battery is getting a full charge each time we use it. the trip up to cabin is short and I worry the alternator will not give a complete charge each time and could cause short battery life.

spent a bit of time monkeying around in powder, good fun. Took some videos I'll try to upload once I figure out how to edit them. All from the argo though using a gopro. No action shots this time since I would have needed someone in snowshoes with me.

also added this "cup holder" while up there. Needed some place for my coffee in the morning and beer in the pm I used a heavy duty plastic syrup bottle and chopped the top off.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Nice but I'm just diggin those track extensions!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Beyond awesome! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Nice but I'm just diggin those track extensions!
    once i finish the video you'll be able to see those in action a bit. I am no film maker, its my first crack at a video. guess we'll see how it turns out. I am struggling with some free video editing software now...

First attempt and using my GoPro Hero2 camera and editing the video... I plan to try to take some more video, including some from outside the argo of the argo driving around.

Last edited by bluebruin; 01-08-2016 at 03:51 AM. Reason: embedded the video by using the full url (youtube.com) and not the shortened youtu.be URL

Very cool. Nice video. You did a great job on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    Very cool. Nice video. You did a great job on the top.
    Thanks!

I have decided to sell the Argo, with the trailer. Its for sale on my local craigslist.
    $11,999

This is a one-of-a kind vehicle, and very unique Argo! I am sad to say good-bye, its been a fun project and vehicle. My family used the Argo for high-altitude cabin access the last two winters, but the "neighborhood" is changing and due to recent development the roads are being plowed. So, we don't "need' the Argo anymore.

Included In Price
    - 1999 Argo Conquest 8x8 with only 350 hours run time
    - Super Tracks with Powder Extension and Ice Cleats. Wheel spacers/extensions to widen wheel stance for track clearance
    - Dealer Installed Aluminum Hardtop
    - Custom Made Cab with operable doors and hatch.
    - Custom Trailer to haul the Argo
    - Colorado Division of Wildlife OHV Registration

Factory and Dealer Upgrades this Argo Features:
    - Supertracks ($2100)
    - HEATER kit, with ability to defrost windshield ($500)
    - winch ($270 for mount, $500+ for winch)
    - glass folding windshield ($700+)
    - Dealer fabricated and installed All-Aluminum hard top (strong for gear. You can stand on it. Make it into a portable hunting blind/tree stand) ($1500+)
    - Tracks upgraded with rubber powder extensions for floating on DEEP snow, and metal angle ice cleats for traction in deep powder and on ice ($500-1000+)
    - spare tire and rim ($150)
    - 2" receiver hitch in back for trailers, gear sleds, hitch cargo baskets ($65)
    - Rear Bench Seat Kit ($555)
    - Full handrail kit ($85)
    - LOW gear ratio transmission needed for climbing steep hills or deep powder/snow drifts etc.
    - Alternator kit ($415) Don't get stranded with a dead battery in the back country!
    - jetted for HIGH altitude! with best/highest altitude jets you can get, so this will work above tree-line in the colorado high country. (our cabin was at 11,000ft)
    - 2 tires are brand new with under 10 miles on them. ($100 each plus mount/balance)
    - side mirror
    - underseat storage

Other Upgrades Custom Built for this Argo:
    - LED Light Bar to light up the trail at night
    - LED "bullet" tail lights for night-time visibility
    - Optima Red Top Battery. Much larger and more starting (cranking) amps than stock battery. Great for cold weather starting.
    - Welded steel Roof Rack
    - Custom made cab. Polycarbonate (shatterproof) windows, 2 doors, rear hatch. Keeps you warm in any temperatures. Is light weight, strong, and can't rip, or flap, especially in transport like a soft top. Huge windows that don't obstruct your view)
    - Custom made Gear Sled that attaches to the Argo with a 2" trailer hitch
    - 12V Power Outlets to charge your phone/gps on the trail
    - Lights inside Cab
    - Custom Hood with Argo Logo. Jeep style hood latches for more secure hood latching
    - Permanently wired Battery Charger/Maintainer
    - 180deg view rear view racing mirror
    - cup holder
    - dash light
    - etc etc

Trailer:
    - 8x10 2-place Triton snowmobile trailer (2,000lb+ capacity) fitted to carry the Argo WITH TRACKS INSTALLED. Very few trailers are wide enough to do this. The Argo is 82" wide with tracks on.
    - custom welded steel ramps to load/unload the argo easily, including with the tracks on.
    - lightweight trailer, and lightweight argo (1000-1200lbs or so) makes easy for most vehicles to pull it. Even SUVs.
    - Welded D-rings on the deck to strap Argo down
    - Custom Fabricated Shield to keep road grime, snow, and rocks off argo while driving to your trail or cabin
    - BRAND new tires and wheels. Only 100 miles on them.
    - 2nd Set of Steel Wheels included for trailer, and one with a good spare tire
    - 2" hitch fits 2" ball on tow vehicle which is standard on most suv's, trucks and jeeps.
    - working tail lights and wiring.
    - NO title. Just register as "home made"

Condition of the Ago
    - Very good condition!
    - Runs great
    - 350 hrs original run time
    - well maintained
    - 1 year old Optima Red Top battery
    - new coil packs
    - only 3 owners over life of Argo. First two owners serviced it regularly at Argo dealer (grand junction, CO dealer no longer in operation). I have owned for about 2 years and only have driven it 10-15 times, about 1/4 mile to our cabin.
    - probably 3 or 4 of the tires could use to be replaced. They are worn and have slow leaks. You just fill the them before heading out for a trip and bring a small 12v compressor with you. You only need 4-6 psi per tire with the tracks on.... so does not take long to fill them. You can get the tires on ebay for $100 each with free shipping. Walmart can install them for $5/tire.

Please contact me if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Lee

+ Reply to Thread