Homemade Conquest Hardtop Build Thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Conquest Hardtop Build Thread

--Conquest Hardtop--

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Looks sharp man. Should keep you and your crew warm and cozy in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Looks sharp man. Should keep you and your crew warm and cozy in there.
    Thanks! yeah, I pulled it outside today and finished it up for my cabin trip tomorrow. It was 10deg outside and felt great in there.

Today was a big day. Spent about 8 hours outside in 5-10deg getting it done. I'm beat but I everything seems to be working pretty well so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

- Added seat belts for my kids (mainly due to the violet turning/steering of the argo - they get whipped around otherwise)
    - relocated small heater in back
    - swapped gas can for a plastic one until I can remove the rust in the green one
    - welded new heavy duty hinges for the loading ramps on the trailer

Then I test drove the cargo sled

Next installed the tracks and test drove it.

Loaded it up on the trailer

Killer job! I love the trailer. I pull an Otter sled when we go to the yurt, but the enclosed trailer is nice. We have been getting slammed with snow this past week next door in Utah and I know Colorado has been getting the same. Going to take the family for a Sunday drive in the high country today in the Argo and do some snow shoeing and sight seeing. Have a good trip.

Would love to have snow and an environment like that to play in. Down here in Texas we've had so much rain that even Mud Creek and River Run ATV parks are flooded out and closed. And then we had a nearby tornado as well.

just got home today from a successful trip to the cabin. The argo did pretty well overall. We actually used it quite a bit, had to bring about 7 or 8 loads of composite decking boards from the road up to the cabin. Got a good deal from a friend, and had to borrow a 20ft long trailer to haul the boards, so needed to get them up to the cabin before I had to return the trailer. Anway, argo did well except for the end of the first night. Kept dying on me. Seems similar to previous when I felt like I was not getting full combustion and running mostly on 1 cylinder. Wonder if my other solenoid is going bad or the used on I put in is not fully working. Seems like weak spark again... I took out the spark plugs when running and both were sparking. Guess we will see. I decided to go ahead and leave the argo up there. I had to spend about 4 hrs getting the trailer off the road over snow embankments to its parking spot on a neighbor's property. The plan it park down there where winter maintenance ends, and drive the argo up to the cabin when we arrive on friday nights for the weekends.

here is the argo parked on the trailer

the argo on the road.

I took some other photos and will post later. I am going back this weekend and hope to make a video or two if there is time.
    Last edited by bluebruin; 12-31-2015 at 01:08 AM.

ok. here are some better photos.

making tracks in the powder out front of the cabin...

and out back of cabin

My dad hanging out by the argo when we were trying to get the trailer situated in its new parking spot

the parking spot

Last edited by bluebruin; 12-31-2015 at 01:09 AM.

and here is what its REALLY all about. I built this for my kids and my wife. To make going to the cabin more fun, more comfortable, and easier. And to spend quality time together enjoying the mountains.

Last edited by bluebruin; 12-31-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Awesome place! Thanks for posting the pics.

Beautiful photos.

+ Reply to Thread