Conquest oil and trans fluid change.....FUN

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest oil and trans fluid change.....FUN

Conquest oil and trans fluid change.....FUN

What a nightmare. I did the ziplock bag trick with the oil. I think I managed to get more in the bag than in the tub though. The transmission was a breeze. I changed the oil to Mobile 1 10-40 synthetic and the transmission to Mobile 1 75-90 synthetic. It might not do much for it but it sure can't hurt it. The transmission is noticeably quieter for sure. Next change I'm buying a 12 volt oil extractor.

I've got a top side oil extractor, it has a thin plastic tube that goes into the sump via the dip stick, then you pump it up like a sprayer, engage the syphon and it sucks it into the container, once it stops, you pull the drain plug and the residual is easy to catch, then replace the drain plug, change filter and refill. Then you can dispose of the old oil into the now empty oil jugs. I really don't have to get my hands dirty.

It also works for gear oil, transmission fluid, or any other liquid.

I'll have one of those the next time. For sure.

I bought an oil extractor from my local argo dealer to change oil in my conquest. When I went to change the oil , the tube did not go all the way down the dip stick, approx 6 inches before bottom, where the tube makes a bit of a turn. I think it may have to do with my friend "Murphy" who comes along whenever I try to do something. I usually have to walk away and come back at a later date when "Murphy" is not around......
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I agree Guyfox, darn " Murphy" seems to get around, from the east coast all the way to the west coast. I'm sure that he just hide's around the corner laying in wait for me yo start a project.
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    I bought an oil extractor from my local argo dealer to change oil in my conquest. When I went to change the oil , the tube did not go all the way down the dip stick, approx 6 inches before bottom, where the tube makes a bit of a turn. I think it may have to do with my friend "Murphy" who comes along whenever I try to do something. I usually have to walk away and come back at a later date when "Murphy" is not around......
    Do a poke and twist and she'll drop down another inch or so.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hey Noel I have been looking for one of them but the only ones I've found are expensive or is that normal

I picked up a small vacuum pump for bleeding brakes and it seems to work fairly well.. The hose is small enough to fit down the dipstick tube..Takes a few times to empty it, but I can live with that.. It was around $70 if I remember right...

Thanks, glen. I'm using a setup I created from a hand pump...but it takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rck90 View Post
    Hey Noel I have been looking for one of them but the only ones I've found are expensive or is that normal
    Here's the one I have:

Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus
    $94.00 or so on Amazon. Yes, kind of pricey, but I have many small engines between compressors, generators, welders, atvs, etc.

+ Reply to Thread