Mike leave this here a couple days as it is a Conquest specific engine problem.

Found a cracked piston in a machine along with the usual stuck valve problem in the front cylinder, intake valve had to be drove out which was replaced with a cleaned up used valve. The heads in this engine were replaced with new last year for the customer, I believed a lot of the problems were fuel related and we run startron, I also ran a bunch of 2+2 down the carb while running to clean the stems after repair.

After 1 piston and new rings in both cylinders at Busco we kept sticking valves, having what we had used chain lube as a lubricant to free stuck valves which did not last long( figured the wax), found some wd40 and freed them up better. The engine would run til you shut it down and then stuck valve, the engine has 30wt oil I plan to change now due to some extreme crosshatching I had hoped to cure.
So my question is might the lower wt oil cure this, will synthetic help with valve sticks or am I tearing it down again and cleaning and perhaps adding some clearance.

Just fyi, freed 1 valve leaving Busco started it and put in the trailer, today valve was kicked again before backing it out. Yes they are both the intake valves which had acted up, running super now with startron. Plan to suck fuel dry from the tank and start over.

Thanks, being lazy, Jim