argo magnum muffler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo magnum muffler

argo magnum muffler

hi all,
    can any one tell me if exhausts are available for the kohler magnum 18, as the one i have fitted in my early 80s argo has all but rusted away,as here in the uk i have been told these are no longer available.

Maybe try Leo's ASV (440)-285-1730.

Did an Argo Dealer say that??

Quote Originally Posted by gibba View Post
    hi all,
    can any one tell me if exhausts are available for the kohler magnum 18, as the one i have fitted in my early 80s argo has all but rusted away,as here in the uk i have been told these are no longer available.
    The Argo Dealers by me in Canada can get older parts with out any problems.
    Whas this an Argo deals that said this? The lead time may be poor but they should be able to order it if not I could order you one just PM me and I could export it for you. A customer muffler shop could also re create that part.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

muffler response

Yeah,the exhaust is not available here any more but thats not to say that they arnt being produced, just that perhaps there isnt the demand to export these older parts. I am waiting on a price from a local machine shop to make from scratch, was wondering what the price difference would be. Have spoke to kohler dealers but all the available mufflers are of a different type and style. Were these specially made for the argo by kohler or were they made by argo?
    Last edited by gibba; 03-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.

can u get a photo

Take a pick of it!! I have alot of old mufflers might have one ,but no promises.

muffler photos

hi wildtexasranger,

Here are a couple of snaps of the exhaust, as you can prob see the ends that attach to the manifolds have been welded up a few times and the other end has had a piece of car exhaust welded on so to do away with the flexible hose by the previous owner, not a good idea as this puts lots of strain on manifolds. Thanks for your help
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Robio_8x8 View Post
    The Argo Dealers by me in Canada can get older parts with out any problems.
    Whas this an Argo deals that said this? The lead time may be poor but they should be able to order it if not I could order you one just PM me and I could export it for you. A customer muffler shop could also re create that part.
    Robio, can we get somemore info as to how to get in touch with these dealers in Canada thanks

+ Reply to Thread