Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
Thanks AbertaRider. Our country definitely sounds like yours in places.
What is the skidplate material on your trailer?
I ended up with a useable trailer though it's not what I would have built by choice. But the price was right... I noticed it at my brother in laws place leaning against the garage for the first time Saturday & was admiring it. He said he had bought it years ago to use behind his 4 wheeler hunting & now just used it occasionally for yard work. I told him I was going to build a trailer for my Argo... Monday when I got home from work it was sitting in my yard with a note saying he might need to borrow my new trailer for his yard work occasionally :-) Brother in laws like that are hard to find :-)
Attachment 13662Attachment 13663

I'm going to be tight on time getting the Argo going for this moose season so I think I will put a full length skidplate on the trailer so the frame isn't getting hung up & use it as is this year. For next year I hope to convert it to walking beam with hubs that will fit the argo wheels.

Hey Vance, good deal there!
I used 1/4" thick "puck board", not sure what its suppose to be called, but its a plastic 4'x8' sheet. The stuff is pretty tough and skids on wet surfaces very well.
Good luck hunting, we open for bowhunting on August 25 where Im at.....cant wait!