Belt Slipping

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt Slipping

Belt Slipping

So i managed to wiggle my 750HDI into low range by pulling out the firewall panel and forcing the linkage (obviously adjustment is needed) however, i got stuck on a couple logs and found that the belt slips at the clutch before the tires spin out, similarly i can't spin on the spot from a dead stop and have to be moving first.

The belt doesn't appear worn but i suppose it could be, or could the clutch being going out on me? I know on golf carts you can just replace the clutch spring far before you have to replace the whole assembly, is this the case with argos as well?

Thanks!

With a belt thay can where and still look good. You realy need a New belt to check the Weidth. That will tell you when the belt is worn out other than Shreading !
    Sometimes you can flip the belt to get alittle more out of it.

The Hdi with stock belt I have encountered get 50-70 hours of use on a belt. TheHD belt lasts much longer. New belt should sit just out of the outer edge of the driven clutch. Try removing the belt and sand the contact sides with 120 grit sandpaper just till it gets dull black. Can also sand the engine clutch with same very lightly, then clean surfaces. The new belts have a release agent on them that helps them come from the molds at factory. It can work into the clutches and just makes them super slippery. Clean it up and drive.

+ Reply to Thread