HOOT with Adair Tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOOT with Adair Tracks?

HOOT with Adair Tracks?

Anybody ever seen a Hoot with Adair tracks? I was toying with maybe buying a Hoot but I would want it with the intention of getting tracks and only if it still had swimming ability with the tracks.
    just curious if someone has already tried it.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

This has been discussed before on the forum. If any one bought a Hoot they would first need to take it to Adair Argo sales to have it fitted for some tracks, since Tim has never made any tracks yet for a Hoot that I know of. I think a Hoot with 22" inch carlise tires and some 12" inch Adair tracks on it would be awesome in the mud.

I still believe that this machine, the New Winchester Growler with an 18 horse Briggs and a set of the new 14 1/2 inch wide belted tracks on 22" Argo tires would be one of the most capable AATV's made. My calculations say that this machine should have about 9" of ground clearance, sit about 55" wide (with Adair tracks), and have a low center of gravity. It should be a blast to ride on the trails at high speeds. Because the machine has a 56" wheelbase there should be a lot of track on the ground to bite mud and should present a pretty good over all swim speed. The suspension seat should make for a comfortable trail riding machine, and a simple flick of the handlebars to turn should make it a lot easier to ride then a quad. If you wanted to run straight tires we already know that an Argo 24' swimmer tire makes this machine very fast in the water. I like the easy access to the chains and the automatic chain adjusters.
    I have kicked around the purchase of this machine several times.

I put the Adair tracks on my Hoot! The only one that I know to have done it. Tim at Adair was great working with me from Louisiana. I can tell you it's unstoppable now. I've rescued ALOT of ATVs back in the woods when they thought they could go thru deep water or really bad mud with them. Sorry to say I am now selling it. But I don't use it enough in my "senior" life. Check out the classifieds section.

Southern Comfort Kid

+ Reply to Thread