Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

Hybrid View

Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

Has any one tried the updated driven clutch now available from ODG?
    My clutch sheaves are worn down and thinking of trying the new style clutch and hoping for better shifting like the avenger clutches.
    Part # 127-197. $480 at local dealer, even had 2 in stock.

I did one of my Conquests, have not noticed any difference.
    It does help to Shim the Drive Clutch, and Tighten the Driven Clutch a bit. Don't remember exactly, might be a 3/32" or 1/8" Shim for Drive and tighten Driven to hole 1 or 2.

RD

Been installing as replacement for destroyed ones. They works fine and have parts available.

Sounds good, my drive clutch is shimmed up, and the driven spring is wound to the tightest hole. Now i can turn in high range with the tracks on but the engine is still lugging to much. I removed 10gr off each of the clutch weights and it helps so i will take off another 10gr.
    The main issue is my driven clutch is really worn so the sheaves are hollow in the center so down shifts are very sluggish.

I wrench on small engines/marine and large quipment for a living so it's fun to play around this my own toys once in a while.

What ratio of tranny are you running?

It's the MU, i had another argo 6x6 with a GU trans that i sold, kinda wish i
    had swapped them. Might just have to switch to Adair tracks, guys tell me
    they turn alot easier.

But for the cost of tracks, $4000 and 27 hp motor at $2500, i could just sell
    this conquest an find a low hour Avenger.

I know this thread is a couple of years old but I just ordered one of these new clutches for my 2004 Conquest and I am wondering how they are holding up and working in the older machines? If you have one of the new clutches please let me know.

+ Reply to Thread