A little background, being laid up from a surgery to a severely torn ligament many things were perused which brought this on. We had never been to Mississippi (which is not just hot but very humid as well ), I had a niece and a nephew that had never been seen by me and a niece that hadn't been seen in 8 years so road trip. Gil and I drove down to Philadelphia Mississippi and picked up the Conquest swinging by Rickga's in Ga. on the way back for the quick visit and meeting (very nice to see 5 of the Cheney 6).

So back in the summer of 2014 another member posted a Conquest for sale priced at what I thought was right so I committed to it, we went down and picked her up meeting another 6x6World member. The machine was partially apart and missing many parts and the engine that had been replaced by previous owner with a small Honda, which was also missing, axles where cut, brake discs cut, seat frame rotted, extra steel here and there for racks, visible belly pan rot and plenty of ugliness to the eye. Not as bad as I thought but not near as good as I hoped.

Once Phil ( had to start naming them as there are so many to keep track of) was back the cleaning and then disassembly begins with axles removed, extra metal removed, stuck sprockets removed, bearings removed, frame removed etc... . Power washing begins and then an inventory of what is useable and an assessment of where to go.

TBC, if there's interest.