new 2016 8x8 argo scout

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new 2016 8x8 argo scout

new 2016 8x8 argo scout

hey everyone I just ordered the new 8x8 scout at the beginning of the month , haven't received it yet just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this argo , if anyone has one and how its working for them Thanks !

2016 argo scout 8x8 1.jpg

Congrats on your new scout!
    I have a new 8x8 scout demo unit here now,and have a new 6x6 scout comming in a week or so,and I am a big fan of the scout!
    The factory installed options that come standard are really nice,and the racks will come in very handy.
    I only have one ride on the 8x8,as I did a demo with and without tracks with the scout and my 8x8 frontier,and promptly got the scout stuck,however,it was a non issue getting out with the help of the tracked frontier.
    The wilderness series is awesome, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

One of our amphib buddies just got a new 8x8 Outfitter (cousin to the Scout) and he had it at the 2016 Highlifter Mud Nationals. I was very impressed with the machine and the ton of features it came with. It was no doubt the most advanced amphibious vehicle I've seen up close and personal.

8x8 Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    One of our amphib buddies just got a new 8x8 Outfitter (cousin to the Scout) and he had it at the 2016 Highlifter Mud Nationals. I was very impressed with the machine and the ton of features it came with. It was no doubt the most advanced amphibious vehicle I've seen up close and personal.
    I like the 8x8 Scout. The high back logo seats,the racks on both ends , the camo colours. i have drooled over one quite a bit and i think maybe the air cooled motor puts out at least the rated hp.
    Noel; I think the Outfitter is based on the XTI platform with the liquid cooled motor and maybe even oil bath bearings and sliding steering controls that allow driving from either side? That would make them distant cousins,no?

That's correct, the Outfitter is based on the XTI, when I called them cousins, I meant the appearance is similar, but the Outfitter does have the advantage of the items you mentioned as well as the optional chain lube drip system. The only difference I saw between the Outfitter and the XTI was that the XTI had sliding controls which you operated like a tilt steering wheel mechanism, whereas the Outfitter had sliding controls but they required the loosening of a few bolts to slide the mechanism. The other item I liked was the option of the cat walk along the sides of the machine which both the XTI and Outfitter has an option.

Thanks for the insight everyone, looking forward to getting my scout, I only added one add-on and that was the chain auto oiler in hopes of a longer chain life as I have plans to build a camp this summer so it will be my workhorse for the next few years.

Congrats! What engine did you get? I have seen them listed with the 23 HP and the 26.5 HP Kohler.

I am not sure what motor I coming into it, I didn't know I had a choice when I ordered, so I guess whatever there stock motor for that unit is that's what I will receive, could have to make a call to the dealer to find out, as u have me wondering now....lol

Your scout will come with the 26hp kohler efi. You do have a tranny option, however,the standard, or the 3.3 high torque,low speed tranny.
    Also, you might want to consider a hood fan for your air cooled unit,especially if you will be running in warm weather,the fan is no joke, and really pulls the heat out of the engine bay.I order all my air cooled units with the fan installed at the factory....the cooler the better for air cooled.
    Last edited by Fox Valley Argo Sales; 04-15-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Valley Argo Sales View Post
    Your scout will come with the 26hp kohler efi. You do have a tranny option, however,the standard, or the 3.3 high torque,low speed tranny.
    Also, you might want to consider a hood fan for your air cooled unit,especially if you will be running in warm weather,the fan is no joke, and really pulls the heat out of the engine bay.I order all my air cooled units with the fan installed at the factory....the cooler the better for air cooled.
    Yes indeed, the hood fan is probably your most important option.

+ Reply to Thread