More Argo magnum questions...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Argo magnum questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahicnow View Post
    So i take it you guys in Ontario don't need to have a licence plate either
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    No , at least not that i know of. Ive never seen one.
    Yes we do, you get a license plate (green plate) when you get your vehicle registered into your name. We have to put licence plates on everything lol. The same type of plate you get for an ATV, dirt bike or buggy. They're ORV plates (off road vehicle). Top right corner on my Max.

aah good to know i thought when you said no insurance that it meant no plate, ours are tied together here,you get a plate when you get insurance.

oh yeah, I think you guys have pubic insurance out there.

Ya public insurance, and they even had a amphibious classification for the argo. We have to plate everything as well as soon as it leaves private property. So if you have a few trailers and toys insurance renewal time can be fun re- stickering everything. Btw i like where you have the trailer ball on the max, mine is so low it digs in when i try and reverse out of a mud hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahicnow View Post
    Ya public insurance, and they even had a amphibious classification for the argo. We have to plate everything as well as soon as it leaves private property. So if you have a few trailers and toys insurance renewal time can be fun re- stickering everything. Btw i like where you have the trailer ball on the max, mine is so low it digs in when i try and reverse out of a mud hole.
    The high mounted ball is just attached to the body band, I would never pull a heavy load with it. The previous owner installed it for pulling a wagon full of grandkids around, cool There is a hitch mounted low as well like your Argo has, this one is used for any real work.
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 04-21-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Ahh crap ! I had no idea about the lic. plate ! I sure hope My serial number plate being missing isnt going to screw me up The old man has run his Argo's in and out of lakes and trails for 40 yrs. nevers had a plate, or knew he needed one for that matter...
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    Ahh crap ! I had no idea about the lic. plate ! I sure hope My serial number plate being missing isnt going to screw me up The old man has run his Argo's in and out of lakes and trails for 40 yrs. nevers had a plate, or knew he needed one for that matter...
    The serial number is on the transmission, when you take your Argo into the dealer to be verified they will use the number from the transmission to look up the build date, etc from your machine. Then you will get a letter of origin to take to the MTO office where they will issue a registration to you. People still ride around in unregistered vehicles all the time but times are changing. There is much more recreational traffic out in the woods these days compared to when your Granddad was bombing around. My biggest concern has always been insurace, for peace of mind make sure yoy carry liability insurace at the minimum when your out playing in public places. Getting nabbed without a plate is pretty minor, finding yourself in need of liability insurance without the proper coverage can be a life changing experience.

in ont. you need liabilite not bad to get for land but for water it has to go on your house ins.so it is best to go to the a gent that the house is with they will look at you kind of strange dont say too much just answer what they ask they get all mixed up and look at you strange

liability insurance---old timer

Quote Originally Posted by old farmer View Post
    in ont. you need liabilite not bad to get for land but for water it has to go on your house ins.so it is best to go to the a gent that the house is with they will look at you kind of strange dont say too much just answer what they ask they get all mixed up and look at you strange
    You speak with wisdom old timer.

+ Reply to Thread