Alternator on a magnum?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternator on a magnum?

Hybrid View

Alternator on a magnum?

I'm looking for anyone who has put an alternator on a older Argo like a magnum or conquest etc. Or has personally seen it done. I see an empty pulley on the side of my engine, I took a picture of it and I'm wondering can I just mount a small alternator somewhere and run a belt from that pulley to the alternator? I've seen alternators that have only one wire to the possitive post on the battery & a belt to hook up. Seems simple enough and might solve my charging issues.

image.jpg image.jpg
    Last edited by Kris W; 05-20-2016 at 12:05 AM.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

ive not done it but it should be very simple. use a GM one wire alt.

A member by the name of classicplug has it done on his magnum

Go to gallery and type in 1990 Argo magnum external alternator! I used this too and think it would work very well but I'm on the edge of selling mine so no need, looking at a 2003 conquest!

That sucks you are gonna sell Curtis... If you lived closer i might have been interested
    Thanks guys for the info !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

Ok, to "Clasicplug" wherever you are thank you ! thats awesome & just what i was thinking ! If you compare his pic to mine you can see that the black plastic "shroud" that you see in my pic has been removed to make room for the alt. Is it not needed ? I dont even know its function.. Anyone know if its ok to remove it permanently ? I edited my orginal "thread post" to add his pic to save you guys the trouble of searching the gallery, thanks again guys.

+ Reply to Thread