Electric wiper troubles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric wiper troubles

Electric wiper troubles

Ok so when I ordered my hdi I got them to factory install a few options windshield and wiper included. I wanted to still have the option of quickly pulling my windshield off to save it some abuse on those sunny days you know you'll never bother to put it up so I added a plug to the wiring for the wiper near the windshield hinge. Took my time and soldered and heat shrinked all connections but now the wiper decides it don't want to move anymore.

I started trouble shooting and there is good continuity from the three poles on switch all the way up to their respective connections on the wiper motor and there are no shorts between any of the three wires. Now the real head scratching began.

Started trying to find where the power was supposed to be coming from to start with (the illuminated rocker switch is not even lighting up which is before anything in the circuit I modified) and I traced it back to a pink wire which runs in a loom with quite a few other wires under the dash right ahead of the firewall. No idea where that wire goes but there's no power on it and I can't find a fuse associated with it.

So really the long winded question is; does anyone know where the power is supplied from on a factory installed windshield wiper for a 2016 argo hdi?

Did you check the fuse? The wiper on my conquest has a 3 amp in-line fuse that popped on me once.

Thanks for your input thorn. Just found a blown 3A fuse in the fuse block labeled "bilge pump" lol. It is also the only fuse I never checked yesterday as I don't have a bilge pump and was kinda curious as to why there was a fuse in that slot but oh well, should of pulled it anyways I guess. Will pick up some new fuses tomorrow and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by grease monkey View Post
    Thanks for your input thorn. Just found a blown 3A fuse in the fuse block labeled "bilge pump" lol. It is also the only fuse I never checked yesterday as I don't have a bilge pump and was kinda curious as to why there was a fuse in that slot but oh well, should of pulled it anyways I guess. Will pick up some new fuses tomorrow and give it a go.
    hi grease monkey- I like to remove my windshield in the summer too. I usually pulled the hinge pin on my old Avenger but have installed the windshield on my new one with jack nuts. take the screws out but leave the two lower ones on each side,remove the windshield, keep the lower dash board and put the screws back. So far it seems good. Do you think that you will get a bilge pump?

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    hi grease monkey- I like to remove my windshield in the summer too. I usually pulled the hinge pin on my old Avenger but have installed the windshield on my new one with jack nuts. take the screws out but leave the two lower ones on each side,remove the windshield, keep the lower dash board and put the screws back. So far it seems good. Do you think that you will get a bilge pump?
    I'm pulling the hinge pin to get my windshield off, seems like that will be the best way to put it on/take it off multiple times without risking stripping a screw (wasn't sure if the lower dash board was made of a strong enough material to put up with screws going in and out of it on a somewhat regular pace.

I have full intentions on getting a bilge pump as I use the argo very frequently in the water and I know from experience what happens when you get a wet CV belt (skidoo on a melting pond). Probably won't happen until next spring but for now all my outer seals are holding so heres to crossing my fingers

yes you are right about a wet cv belt and argos ride low in the front in the water. I seldom ever use mine except to test it from time to time but i'm in the water pretty often too and I can't help but think it's cheap insurance. Happy riding

They were probably using that unused slot in the fuse block for the wiper and didn't relabel it. Mine is an in-line fuse because all the fuses in my block are being used for other "stuff".
    Quote Originally Posted by grease monkey View Post

+ Reply to Thread