Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
Congratulations for going in the right direction to solving your problem. If you are only achieving 3100 RPMs at full throttle you will not be travelling full speed. Something close to 4000 rpm is normal and that 900 rpm will make a big difference in your top speed and you are on the right track about checking your throttle cable. Your question about "which way to install the tires' is best answered by the owners manual but basically the smallest tire on the front ,then the biggest,then second biggest and second smallest on the rear. Look forward to hearing how you make out.
Well, I found out an issue that I am having is the throttle base is spinning on the handlebar, and not allowing full twist of the throttle. I have tightened down the screws as much as I could (in fear of over tightening them), and it still spins. To better explain, the plastic throttle "base" where the cable comes into on the handlebars is spinning when I twist the throttle past about 3/4 full open. Any ideas how I can fix this? When I hold it in place with my other hand and twist the throttle, I am seeing the extra RPM's that I haven't been seeing. IS this a know issue or is it just something with my machine?

Thanks again for the help!!