Argo Beachlauncher

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Argo Beachlauncher

2016-10-28_13-21-18_376.jpg2016-10-28_13-22-11_702.jpgAnd two more pics.

Hopefully this satisfies all who wanted pictures of the machine.

Any suggestions for what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Matt.

Looking at the first picture in the last post of yours, the clutches look like they do not line up. Is that just the photo angle or is the belt angled from one CVT to the other?

belt looks a little worn too.notice how its sunk into the secondary a bit

First thing I would do is run it with the engine cover off, If it is within you vision range, operate the machine and listen and then watch if you think you hear it up top. If not up top, a second set of eyes and a person down low one wheel/Chain at a time should locate your issue.
    The belt does look worn and glazed (squeal) and I think I'm seeing worn brake pads ( also rotors slightly rusted but look to be cleaning up), the pistons look like they are out pretty good. Brake disc sprockets look good so money saved.

If your noise is up top and you can physically See one drive not working, I'd remove the brake disc to check for broken keys.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Looks like the clutches are aligned but the angle of the digitals makes it look askew.
    I agree with ArgoJim on the additional diagnostics. I suspect there is a bearing and or chain issue in there.

Had time to check this out? If so, what did you find going on?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

argojim your private messages are full,im trying to contact you

Ok, so I figured out what was wrong.

It was the shifter linkage, it was not fully shifting into reverse gear, which caused the transmission to slip when under load.

I extended the link so that it goes fully into gear, and it works without any issues.

Very happy, easy fix, should have checked that first.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Thanks for following up. I'm glad you figured out the issue and got it running. Now we just need a video of it operating.

Beachlauncher video

Here are some videos of it in action.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqFsC1EqOEL4l3gt2VHWGE9tiwM5

+ Reply to Thread