Some day I'm going to own an ARGO

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some day I'm going to own an ARGO

Some day I'm going to own an ARGO

Some day I'm going to own an ARGO.First I need to be educated by the voices of experience.What are the pros and cons of 6 wheelers vs. 8 ? I like the look of the 8 wheelers with the caterpillar tracks.The machine would be used north of Lake Superior to travel old trails in search of speckled trout. I'd put a warn winch on it. Fuel consumption is one issue .
    Any thoughts would be appreciated such as models with weak transmissions and drive to stay away from.This is from the perspective that the machine is used as intended.with care and is in good mechanical condition.

The 8 wheel ones carry more cargo than the 6.. They are a bit of maintenance but if you keep up on it, it isn't that bad..
    I've got a 4,500# Rule winch on mine and had no issues, and it has been a good work horse when I needed it..
    If you're in the water, a bilge pump is a must!

There's lots of good reading on here about spare parts, tools, and tips.. Lots of knowledge on this forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by hovercraft57 View Post
    Some day I'm going to own an ARGO.First I need to be educated by the voices of experience.What are the pros and cons of 6 wheelers vs. 8 ? I like the look of the 8 wheelers with the caterpillar tracks.The machine would be used north of Lake Superior to travel old trails in search of speckled trout. I'd put a warn winch on it. Fuel consumption is one issue .
    Any thoughts would be appreciated such as models with weak transmissions and drive to stay away from.This is from the perspective that the machine is used as intended.with care and is in good mechanical condition.
    6 Wheelers very maneuverable easy to transport and will go anywhere you care to go,Cons small cargo area,kinda like a canoe in the water,in snow on tracks pretty fair snow performance but not as good as the 8 its surprising that little extra track length makes a big difference,of course the 8 wheeler is the king of the cargo haul see Rockdoctors pics he takes everything with him including the kitchen sink and refrigerator, dog,complete with dog house,stay with the models with the newer style transmissions preferably the Admiral,if you intend on tracking it up consider the low ratio either std or Admiral trans,you cant go far wrong with either and will give you xlnt service life it took 5 K hours before I lost my first trans in a Avenger and it had severe use,liquid cooled motors are IMO the way to go for all season performance efi is great,for me 8 wheeler is the only way to fly.NCT

+ Reply to Thread