What kind of Argo is this?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What kind of Argo is this?

What kind of Argo is this?

Hello, new to the forum and hope I am putting this in the right spot. I have no knowledge of Argo's, what to look for or what they are worth. I also apologize as I cannot figure out how to post pics ( I just have them in Jpeg in e mail).

I found one and it seems like it is a good deal. Owner says it is a 2009 avenger 8X8, but the name plates have been removed. It is a few hours away so I haven't looked at it in person.

Engine is liquid cooled with 380 hrs on it. is this a lot of hours for these machines? Also if it is liquid cooled then is it fuel injected?. He also says it has the std trans, not the admiral trans.

Looking for thoughts on the year, engine and what kind of price it should be worth and issues I should expect? Was told everything works fine, but no records of maintenance or repairs. It was used by a company so not a personal use machine. With a liquid cooled engine can it be anything else other than an avenger? (I know it is not a conquest). Any advice or opinions would certainly be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Croz, welcome to the forum. There is nothing wrong with that year Avenger. Some of the earlier year models ~2006 had some small issues but most of the bugs were worked out by then. Get the VIN number and then contact our site sponsor Argo Adventure. They can probably help you verify the year, model and transmission from that. 380 hours is nothing if it was maintained. 380 hours is a lot if it was not maintained. I bought an Avenger with less than 200 hours on it and it was trashed because the owner never did any maintenance. I knew this up front so it wasn't a big deal and the price reflected that. The best thing that you can do is to approach the purchase as if you would have to replace all of the bearings and chains at a minimum. Budget $2000 for that and then see if the price is still attractive to you.

Thanks Mike, the owner and I will hopefully meet up tomorrow to have a look at it. Looking at the pics it looks like at one time it had tracks on it. They are off now but the wheel spacers are still on. I expect to out $1-2000 into the machine if I buy it........go through it and make sure everything is good, but I tend to do that with everything I own. I will keep you posted.

+ Reply to Thread