8x8 ARGO back up onto ice

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8x8 ARGO back up onto ice

I have driven my conquest back onto the ice backwards with tires but it was spring ice that was really rotten and more traction than usual, and when the rear tires grabbed it and climbed up it pushed the ice down under water and drove up onto it like you can on floating muskeg.

hey zircon. that looks like lewis hills in the back ground.... what is the name of that pond or lake?

That's Lake of the Hills ... so called because it's surrounded by hills. This is a shot of the lake that I have on my Flickr photostream. No Argo in the shot, but it will give you an idea of the terrain. https://www.flickr.com/photos/337746...n/photostream/
    I'm up in the hills you see in the background of the ice breaking shot. If you look on the very left of the shot, about two thirds of the way up ... that's where the video of the Argo breaking ice was shot.

were you ever out to serpentine river or farther down this way near york harbour?

8x8 argo back up onto ice

Quote Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
    I have driven my conquest back onto the ice backwards with tires but it was spring ice that was really rotten and more traction than usual, and when the rear tires grabbed it and climbed up it pushed the ice down under water and drove up onto it like you can on floating muskeg.
    I think you are right on Coast2coast. Every ice break through is unique. This is just one way of approaching the problem and was obviously done on purpose just to demonstrate one method...as long as you are not on a four wheeler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMAGUYlD2B8

Here is an old video of mine getting up on the ice without touching bottom,need a little momentum to pop back up,and the ice is soft.

+ Reply to Thread