electronic fuel pump question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: electronic fuel pump question

electronic fuel pump question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpufoM6ftaw
    1.5-4 psi rated and 28 gallons an hour. engine is a 18 HP kohler magnum. So do i need a pressure regulator? and is this all really that easy as what i see it being? my mechanical pump has gone and im tired of buying them. input greatly appreciated thanks!

I have this Mr. Gasket electric pump fueling a 22hp Predator. It works great. The only issue I had was making sure the pump was below the fuel tank, as it is just a PUSH pump and not a PULL-PUSH pump. For $45 and the ability to get it off the parts store shelf (and return it if necessary), it's worth it.

https://www.autozone.com/fuel-system...ump/732036_0_0

what about a pressure regualtor? i was hoping to avoid these

You shouldn't need a regulator with the small pulse pumps Curtis. They don't typically develop enough fuel pressure to overcome the float needle/seat in our carbs which is really the big concern. Hook one up and make sure it doesn't overcome the float before going on a long ride just in case.

ok thanks alot folks!!

ok i got the fuel pump,heard it has to be mounted lower than the fuel tank. anyone ever done this and have an idea where a good spot would be i have a few ideas but gonna wait for more ideas first. also i would like to filter the gas before it enters the pump and then after again will this still work fine? also do i wire it to a switch or ignition??

I've got a similar electric pump mounted on several machines that also have a mechanical fuel pump. I've rigged all on a toggle switch. I hit the toggle at start and use little to no choke. When the engine warms, you can turn the toggle off and the mechanical pump works fine. The same concept works on a squeeze primer bulb. I have a few of those as well, but full choke still required with those.

You can place an inline fuel filter anywhere on the line, on a couple of my machine I use one before the pump and one after the pump. I've found fuel filters are cheap on EBAY and Amazon, and I usually get a dozen at a time and switch them out semi-annually unless I'm using non ethanol fuel, and those switch out yearly.

i have it mounted in between gas tank and body on the seat frame as low as i could get it close enough to being below the tank and id rather it out of the engine compartment away from all that heat. gonna keep a fuel filter in the stock position under the seat(before the pump) and one close to the carb in the engine compartment. think all of this will work? any ideas now before i get more into doing it! thanks!

+ Reply to Thread