Best place to buy axle bearings?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy axle bearings?

There are 2 of these holes in the groove. Is this how it gets its grease?
    Last edited by Denton; 04-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.

What's this nub for?

Yeah, in the groove there will be at least one hole and probably two for the grease to go into.

how much were those? send a link if you can!

Here is my invoice. The UC206-20R3 is for the outside bearing
    The UX05-16 is the inner bearing
    Attached Images

I didn't see the photos before I posted. Those are fine. Just remove the nub with a pair of diagonal cutters.

Remove.... I'm not sure if diagonal cutters will do the trick, but I'll give it a whirl. Could I grind them off? What is there intended purpose?

Those are the same part numbers I used. The bearings I had had the groove you speak of. (I can't see the pics on my work computer). If I recall correctly the problem we had was they only fit in place one way, and that way the greasing channels did not line up with the ring grooves on the bearing. We then looked at an original argo bearing and while it was identical, the groove was on the opposite side so that it lined up. So make sure your ring grooves can line up with the greasing channels and you should be good to go I'd say. What we did was cut a small channel in each bearing outer race for the grease to go across the outside with a zip disc and tried to align them so that grease would travel across into the bearing. But after assembly several of the bearings still would not take grease.

Thanks Coast, I'll compare the two when I rip it apart and report back.

+ Reply to Thread