why?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why?

why?

why is it that my buddys response with a 18HP briggs sounds just like the new kohler engine when my magnum sounds nothing like it. i really like the sound of the new kohlers and the briggs as they are very similar. is it just an exhaust thing?

Most likely exhaust. If yours is restrictive, open it up a little, you'll get better performance
    Meep Meep

i know the end of my tail pipe dents in on both sides right at the end?

Your engine is nothing but an air pump with some explosions occurring along the way. It air (exhaust) is restricted getting out, then air is restricted getting in. You need to take care of those dents, but it probably won't change the sound. It's all about the exhaust setup.

i think the exhaust is stock like that?

i think the exhaust is stock like that?
    Post a picture so we can see how bad the dents are.

im sorry if i wasnt clear,the dents are at the end of the tail pipe.... not exhaust.
    i used this image off google,to lazy to take a picture of mine lol. if you look closly under the exhaust is almost like a dent but its factory.

your engine is a flathead opposed twin. Valves are in the block next to the pistons, and the pistons are 180 degrees from each other. The newer style engines are a overhead valve, V-twin. 2 very different engines that produce very different exhaust notes no matter what muffler you put on them
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

yea that makes sense to. but a 98 response witha briggs vanguard do sound similar. was just curious.... i thought maybe brigs and kohler are partners or made engines similar.

Negative. The Briggs vanguards are actually built by a subsidiary of Toyota
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread