got a free Argo!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: got a free Argo!

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    got spark back after cleaning coil stator and JB welding magnets on flywheel! i have a vid of the first start but will post later today! she runs real nice i mush say
    She might run nice until that magnet comes loose at WOT. JB Weld might work for a high stress application like this if you have a pristine surface to adhere to, but any oil or debris that's deep in the pores of the flywheel casting and magnet just weaken the bond. I'd definitely invest in a new flywheel if you don't want to risk that magnet becoming a projectile and doing damage to the machine, or anyone who might be around it when it lets go.

Also about your starter issues, you need a new bendix for it, it's the mechanism attached to the gear that throws it out when the starter is engaged. You might be able to find a new coil at a local small engine shop, especially if the coil was used on other more common Briggs engines, just take your current coil with you to compare it to what they give you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8WICqILAfk&t=16s
    im the guy with the gray pants and black shirt when we attempt to start her up!

at 6;10 we were blowing the gas out of the cylinders,we left a fuel line hooked up to the carb all night to find out the base was full of gas,oil change and some cleaning and she was working againi must say this engine starts amazing i cant get over it
    i must say we all had fun though.... cant beat good times with friends

i was told its an 83 by Argo but i dont believe it. it has the red magnum engine not black which was used in earlier days and the sprockets are on the axles by one key way with a bolt through the sprocket tube.im not sure when tney switched from the series 2 to the magnum but im sure it was around 84-85? im thinking shes an 86 or 85.anyone know what year it is?

Congrats on scoring an Argo! I've been researching mine and argoadventure.com has been very helpful. Go to their site and select contact them. If you have the ID plate with model # they can tell you what was stock, but not what was modified by previous owners ( mines kind of a Frankenstein).

+ Reply to Thread