axle bent?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: axle bent?

axle bent?

i noticed today when put my axle back in when spinning it by hand without tire on it the axle moves up and down a bit and you can see the whole flange go up and down a little. even when the chain is on the chain moves up and down as well. the axle is the left third tire back from the front.

Well without looking at it I would say yes based on what you describe. But just to eliminate possibilities, again without seeing it, can you move the axle up and down on the outside of the tub without rotating it? Just to eliminate the possibility of a worn outer bearing.

i found 2 axles that were sitting under my shed for a couple years and they have surface rust. can i still use them if i get rid of all the flakes of rust. there not rusted through or anything.

the problem was the bearing has a little play when on the axle,like you can take the bearing and move it side to side on the axle(worn axle i guess) and when its on there tight its lop sided which gives it that up and down motion when spinning.

+ Reply to Thread