Escargo tracks or Adair

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Escargo tracks or Adair

Escargo tracks or Adair

Hello,

New here on the forum and am going to purchase an Argo in the next couple of months.

I am in Alaska and know I want tracks. I am just not sure which ones I want to get. The Escargo tracks look super mean but i wonder how much stress they put on the axles.

I am going to get an 8x8 Avenger I know that much.

Any insight would be great

I just bought a 2018 Avenger STR. I had the same question you do. There are people on both sides of that question. What I did was to watch every video I could find. The videos for Escargo tracks won me over. There are a couple of issues though. First, you will need track tuners for Escargo tracks. As to the stress on the axles, I read one account where the user went two years with all original shafts and bearings, and did use track tuners. The next issue is that the original Escargo tracks are made in Canada, and the maker is not licensed to ship to the US. However, a similar track is made by Beaver Dam Argo in Wisconsin. According to the Canadian manufacturer, they are improved over the originals. I ordered from Beaver Dam Argo, or rather my Argo dealer did on my behalf. My Argo was just delivered yesterday, but the tracks aren't in yet. The new tracks are square on the ends, instead of rounded like the original Escargo tracks. There are also cup like bends in the end to assist in water, mud, or snow. I will report on them, once I see how they perform. From what I have heard, the Adair tracks are very good, but the plastic can slip on logs. Don't get me wrong. The Adair tracks are excellent, and the videos show that. I went for the Escargo style, and paid the extra cost. I even ordered the winter extension kit. My goal was to make my Avenger as unstoppable as possible. I had no pre-bias, I just watched videos. I saw nothing out perform the Escargo tracks in deep snow on steep inclines, or on ice. One I get mine, I will add what I can.

Steve

Hey there 375ultramag have you looked at channel tracks? There is a gentleman in Wasilla that makes channels and I got to see some up close during moose season and the guy that had them loved them. If not for my impromptu purchase of a front end loader this morning I wouldn't be far away from making an order. I live up in Delta jct. and have a 2016 750hdi. Spend some time on youtube and check them all out. If you want to talk about tracks P.M. me and get phone numbers.

Thanks Beagle Man,

I am watching them now on Youtube. pretty good stuff. There is a lot of channel track stuff on Youtube though and I wonder if they are all from that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    Thanks Beagle Man,

I am watching them now on Youtube. pretty good stuff. There is a lot of channel track stuff on Youtube though and I wonder if they are all from that guy?
    AKBuzz or Jeff knows his stuff. PM him on here to get you setup, I wouldn't hesitate to use him if I lived in AK. He's tried all sets of tracks and can tell you the pros and cons of each. I currently run the Escargo Canadian all Steel tracks and they are pretty indestructible and as aggressive as it gets with steel grousers. They aren't flawless but hard to beat if the end goal is durability and a swimming track that can go about anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread