16 tecumseh governor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16 tecumseh governor

16 tecumseh governor

Looking to adjust 16 hp Tecumseh governor and I am unsure how to do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

send pic if you can or motor id number

it is a oh160

there will be more numbers beyond 160 71ooo or something such as that

the number is oh160-170155e

ok in the parts break down the gov plate number 16a will be used to adjust gov speed there are a several hole to move the spring to for different settings. But this plate was made so the motor could not be damaged so if you are trying to get more out of it you will be limited by design .Different spring tension can gain but tread lighty you can blow a motor pretty easy. good luck. If it was me I would set to factory spec and leave it

I do not have a parts breakdown to look at and is not sure i understand what you are saying.

on the governor there is a plate with small holes that are drilled in there are or should be springs that connect to those hole . when you move the spring to a different hole you get a different setting. You can not with out a large degree of change anything inside the motor it self. this will be the only place to make a change.

I thought you could also adjust the governor by loosening up a screw in the arm and the piece with the spring in it pivots. I thought you opened to full throttle and set this piece counter clock wise towards the governor.

+ Reply to Thread