18hp max II clutch issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 18hp max II clutch issues

18hp max II clutch issues

So max broke Down on my 4 times I two days, with tearing brand new chains, which I found out happened because the driven clutch started catching the master link. Flipped the master link, ran good for a bit but now it just sits and grinds like it’s not going into gear, maybe the key fell out of the key way, clutch went bad, won’t get a shot to work on it till my bike is back together.
    Any ideas? And where to get another clutch?

Thank you! If that shaft is damaged, what do you think these t-20’s run to rebuild? New bands, seals, the whole 9-yards?

This thing has left me sitting more hours than I drive if, so I’m trying to build in something to trust here.

You will have to see what is wrong with it first. Muddox is the source for parts, but I doubt you need anything but a seal kit and maybe bands while you have it apart.

The clutch key is a half moon so I doubt it fell out.

So it runs a woodruff style key? Good news. And that driven clutch has the right springinit?ive been looking for the thread that talks about the green vs red spring, can’t find it.

That clutch has the stock Max spring (green or equivalent). The red spring is stiffer making the upshift slower....this is for more power from smaller motors.

Thanks man!

I installed a red spring in mine and it was easy and makes a big difference. you wont be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread