Winshield Wiper for Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winshield Wiper for Argo

Winshield Wiper for Argo

I checked on a windshield wiper kit for my Bigfoot today and ODG has lost their minds. What have some of you out there used on your argos instead of what ODG offers?

McCoy

Bought a hand operated wiper on EBay for 25$. Its marine quality (nickel plated brass) and fits the predrilled holes on the new windsheilds with a little filing. works great for the snow we get here in Ontario.
    Ya ain't stuck til the winch cable comes out!!!

I wonder if some of the classic car suppliers would carry the old style windshield mounted wipers, or perhaps jeep type suppliers for the military restoration vehicles?!?

Smile Argo Windshield Wiper

Quote Originally Posted by yellowargo View Post
    Bought a hand operated wiper on EBay for 25$. Its marine quality (nickel plated brass) and fits the predrilled holes on the new windsheilds with a little filing. works great for the snow we get here in Ontario.
    I put the same hand operated wiper on my Avenger. Works great. Weighs nothing. Easy to remove or re-install. I pull the long pin out and remove the windshield in the summer. It don,t get broke hanging on the shop wall!

a wiper motor at napa should be cheap. then just find a 13" wiper and arm from a vw bug or early ford bronco(66-77). if your windshield is lexan you could drill and bolt the motor through it, otherwise fab a mount to go on top or bottom... 2 wires and a switch and you'll be in buisness
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Bought mine from JC Witney complete, wiper and all was under $40 I think. The install was a piece of cake. It may have been made for a VW?

allo Yooper ,please tell the part number for that complete wiper motor assembly
    Thank-you

The Argo motor has like a 30 degree swipe as well... almost useless.
    '70's Argo 6x6 - Rebuilt from the ground up. Briggs 18HP Opposed Twin.
    Go where you want, don't get stuck, keep the rubber side down.

I bought a Kawasaki Mule windshield wiper kit off of e-bay for mine. Better quality than the run of the mill boat wiper motors and I was lucky enough to pay about $40 for it.

Buggies unlimited has wiper kits hand operated and powered 1-888-444-9994
    max2 with 3000lb winch,split shifter, off road lights, and 50 amp alternator

+ Reply to Thread