First water ride since replaced tranny

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First water ride since replaced tranny

First water ride since replaced tranny

Its been 2 years since my old 78 been in water.mission successful! bit of a leak around the muffler box,took 1/2 hr to get enough water for the bilge to pump,clutch a little sticky on releasing,overall a good day on Lake Erie!(i stayed close to shore,6 feet of water).the outboard is for my buddies alum.12 foot,15 HP too heavy!
    Attached Images

Lookin' good!!

I currently have my '76 stripped right down and installing all new driveline parts. I hope to have it back together within a month (time permitting) We'll have to hook up some time and go for an "oldies" ride (bring tools! LOL)

Cheers
    Sean (Stratford, On.)

I like the picture with you tied up next to the boat. Congratulations on getting back in the water again. Looks like a relaxing day.

Smile First picture

Holding a blue can,Pepsi?

Thanx Mike,it was relaxing
    Bookm sounds good,looks like the 2 stroke i bought for parts(same air filter setup,koler 440(i robbed the trans for my 4 stroke techumse single).from what ive read you can expect 45 MPH!!!!!a lot faster than mine,but dont need the tools very often!,bye the way your tires are backwards

Awesome pics, i would love to tag along for a ride if you guys go out, I'm just in Brantford, here's a pic of my "oldy" and my other Argo's, did i mention i have room for two
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGirb67 View Post
    ...,looks like the 2 stroke i bought for parts(same air filter setup,koler 440
    Naw... it's a 440 Rotax Fan from a mid-70's Futura (sled). Professionally rebuilt, yes it's fast! I also have a liquid cooled Rotax 440 (with rad and fan) that I'm saving for the day I blow this one up

I also have a 399 Kohler 2-stroke as salvaged (with tranny) from a 196? burned-up Argo. The guy assured me it survived the fire and still runs great. So when all my Rotax's blow... I guess I'll try the Kohler, LOL!

It's neat to see some of these old machines poppin' up in my area. Ever wish you could try a crazy mud hole but avoided it because no one would be around to pull you out??? That's what's nice about multiple machines

Bookm
    heres a couple pics of the 2 stroke i got for parts(blown engine)rest mint and a buddies 2 stroke 8 wheeler.someone put a chapperal 400 in it.fan intake on ex. side so it gets hot!between the 2 of us we got 3 377 rotax engines(dam good engines)that i think would be better for the 8 wheel
    Attached Images
    You never know till you try it

Are you certain that Chaperrel isn't stock?? I'm pretty sure my first Argo had a Chapperel in it I think. I seam to remember the word Chaperell embossed across the top of the engine. I never should have sold that one. It was perfect. I'm trying to, at least, duplicate it's performance with my current one. I only drove my current one once before I discovered it had a broken axle, which eventually turned into a complete tear-down, but that one ride led me to believe the Rotax is much more responsive (= scarier.... = funner)

I'm currently assembling the new axles in the frame, but only get about 1 hour per day to work on it. Stupid JOB keeps interfering with my Hobby!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread