Argo Adair track information (started for 2021 6x6 650 Frontier)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argo Adair track information (started for 2021 6x6 650 Frontier)

well, Argo factory tracks don’t really go at all in soupy mud if you’re floating, floating internittently, or mud is watery and deep. Rubber tracks are a poor comparison because they simply don’t work.
    Several brands of tracks “swim”, but that is a bit of a misnomer. I have found ways to improve swimming, but I always tell people that much of what you see on the internet doesn’t really represent real world conditions, currents, or loads that you carry.
    I will say the more surface area your track has (especially vertical surface area), overall width, and more importantly overall width between the belts (cleanout width), the more domination you’ll see.
    Always make sure you have contingency plans (motor, tow, oar, etc) as you discovered.

Futureboy, check out a short video I posted of my Argo swimming without tracks. Search “ 2021 Argo frontier 6x6 water test”. I had it out this past weekend. I gotta say. It goes really good forward. Able to steer it no problem. Obviously have to sit in the middle to balance it. But I was impressed. That’s without tracks the video. I’m wanting the Adair’s but I’m thinking I’m going to use them in winter mostly if I purchase.

Cool Argo Adair an UNSTOPPLE combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly10 View Post
    Good info- Be sure to post what you like and dislike about the tracks. Would love to hear about your experiences in different terrain. I’m thinking about the Adair’s myself. I really like the beaver dam but man they look like they can do some damage. Both nice track systems nonetheless. Good luck with your tracks and machine. I just picked up my 600. Liking it so far. Fun machines.
    Hi Grizzly10, My wife and I took our Argo for its maiden voyage into our wetland in central Michigan. The machine with the Adair tracks did WAY BETTER than I expected in the marsh. Last summer I waded on foot into the same area we just went. The water level was maybe 2 inches deeper when I went "on foot". The Argo cruised through areas that I know where 1foot of water and 2 feet of muck. I was blown away. That Agro with the Adair MudPro tracks is one of the best "toy/tools" that I've ever purchased.

Attached are some links to videos I shot of us yesterday getting through the marsh to one of the islands. It used to take me almost 2 hours of HARD work to muscle my way out to the island on foot. The Argo...about 6 minutes. What a machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVAzjpl854
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXvtTpULeU

I hauled out machetes, a chain saw, a bow saw, trail cameras, gatorade and most important of all my wife. This machine is so much fun and a great tool too. I love it.

Hi Grizzly10, I watched your video before I bought my Argo in January. Great video. I watched a ton of videos researching what swamp buggy I should get. I didn't see a lot of non-trailed videos in cattail marshes and since that's what I own...I looked at everything I could find. I really appreciate this forum and Youtube as this is where I made up my mind as to what to purchase. I feel like I made the right choice especially after trekking through the cattail marsh yesterday. THANKS!

Wow very, very impressive and a good show for just what an Argo will do!

Hi Futureboy, Poor Turtles! Lol hahaha, I know the feeling of saying” I hope we don’t get stuck! “ )). The machine went great through there. I would carry your waders and a long rope. It looks like it could be a disaster getting stuck out there. I find the Argo just gives me more reasons to get more stuck than on my Atv’s. Lol. I’m enjoying this thing as well. Put 16 miles on it yesterday. Time for the first oil change this coming weekend. Nice video. I enjoyed it. Thanks. I haven’t really got stuck too bad on the property I ride with the tires, I wonder how machine would ride with tracks year round. The forums great for debating and asking questions,I’m dead set on getting Adair’s , but I have to be honest, I like the swimming abilities with the tires. May just get wide tracks and use in winter I’m thinking. But I know me, I’ll get lazy and just wanna leave em on year round. Lol

It was a blast

My wife and I were grinning from ear to ear on our maiden voyage with the Argo into our wetland property. We always have our waders or at least hip boots on. Making our own trail onto the land kind of keeps us from getting high sided in a heavily ridden trek. I do believe the cattails kept us from getting too deep in the muck. I was way impressed with the way the machine just went through the small brush too. The turtles and frogs are still deep in the muck and hibernating. In MI those critters stay buried until May. No turtles or frogs were harmed making this video I just finished cleaning off the pollen and mud on the machine today. I can't wait to get back out there again.
    Last edited by FutureBoy61; 03-29-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Sounds like an Awesome time. Report back on your thoughts in plain water if you can. I was talking with Adair today, he was saying 1/2 to 3/4 throttle is the happy spot moving the tracks in the water(Just some info on what he said). I guess full throttle water cavitates. I ordered my tracks today, 3 week lead time so I’m guessing a month or so before I see them. Pretty excited to wake up the turtles over this way Lol. I have to practice what I preach and put waders in my buggy. Lol. I think I’m just going to leave tracks on all year long. That’s my plan anyhow. Cool area to drive your Argo for sure. Looks like a beautiful spot. I used to snowmobile in Michigan. First time I saw a wild wolf. Was pretty epic in my book. Beautiful country out there.

+ Reply to Thread