First Prize!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Prize!!

First Prize!!

Mrs. Coffinman and I entered our beloved Snurf, (2005 Avenge,) into a car show at the local American Legion Post here in Mid-Missouri. We competed in the "other" category against dune buggies and home-made/kit cars. We were incredibly surprised at the awards ceremony when they announced us as the first prize winners! A pretty kool day! I'l try to attach pics.
    "...So sayeth the Coffinman..."

congratulations !! probably such a nice looking machine they figured you '' hand built '' it. plus they knew the dune buggie and kit cars could never follow you thru the mud swamps . j.b.

LOL! Thanks, John!!

Congrats!

The same thing happened to me a few years back. I was driving in a nearby city pulling a trailer when I saw the car show and wheeled in. I entered my custom I.H. I pulled in with a trailer with a custom machine (6x6) I had built. The judges asked me if I was entering the 6x6 as well as the Scout, so in doing some quick thinking backed the amphib off the trailer and entered it too. There was a small entry fee for each category.

The Scout won 1st place in the antique vehicle category. The amphib won 1st place in the custom vehicle category. Each got a nice trophy. The judges and the crowd were really interested more in the amphib than any other machine there. I was amazed because there were some really nice kit cars in the same custom category. It was a big compliment when the man who had a really nice A.C. Cobra replica came up and talked after the prizes were issued. My thinking was he should have won.

Strange things happen in life.

WOW, Noel! I'd love to see some photos of those two machines!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Noel Woods; 05-04-2021 at 07:05 PM.

hey noel .....great pictures and machines . a friend gave me a six wheel machine back in ' 82 from his grandfathers farm. that was my introduction to 6 wheel atv's . after that i spotted another one in a farm field and the people sold it to me . all i remember was it had a steering wheel and the body style . now i realize it was a scrambler . i don't remember though how the driving and turning mechanics worked though . i thought it had some kind of a disc and drive roller , etc. johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread