new argo engine options

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new argo engine options

new argo engine options

Been a while since i have been on here so here is the latest. Pulled and sold the 18HP magnum from the Argo recently. Had low PSI and was smoking bad so got tired of the issues and sold the thing. looking at predator engines but would prefer something more of a drop in less modification engine. What HP should i be looking for? would like a bit more power and torque than before

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I went from a 16 opposed Briggs to a 23 briggs vanguard. Had to buy a new clutch, new belt, had to make a new mount, find a belt that was compatible with engine and clutch, (that's a whole story all by itself ), line up the drive and driven clutches, throttle, choke cables and oh yeah, don't forget the exhaust. If you want an easy drop in, stick with another 18 magnum. I am not sure the bolt patterns on the bigger Kohler engines as compared to the 18 hp. What ever you choose, other than another 18 kohler, you will PROBABLY, maybe not, but more than likely have fitment issues. If that's not an issue, if you or your friends have the basic knowledge, tools, and place to work on it, I would go as big as your wallet will allow. Keeping in mind the higher the hp the more things get broken. I would most definitely upgrade my engine again if a 27 hp FI engine came along. I am almost 70 so my days of beating the crap out of my toys as sadly passed by and the extra hp helps turn the super tracks better...I hope. Besides that I enjoy that type of challenge.

Curtis you may consider a 23 Command or Vanguard as the crankshaft are readily available, the Predator is most cost friendly but may need the most modifications and an external alternator, many guys with the change go Honda for the internal alternator and the name. There was a guy, here I think, went 22 Subaru.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

ok thanks for the input. tricky to find the right engine online.

+ Reply to Thread