Hood Upgrage for 2007 Frontier / Hood Compatibility with Scoop Hood of Later Years?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hood Upgrage for 2007 Frontier / Hood Compatibility with Scoop Hood of Later Years?

Hood Upgrage for 2007 Frontier / Hood Compatibility with Scoop Hood of Later Years?

I have a 2007 Argo Frontier 6x6 with the carbureted / air cooled B&S Vanguard 23 HP.

I am running into brake overheat issues, especially with tracks. This causes a loss of steering (grabbing on left side) followed shortly after by brake failure. Sounds like this is a famous recurring issue. It scares me because we are running in steep country and it really sucks to rely on stumps and boulders to slow down. I know it might be related to water in the brake lines, however the machine is obviously running hot. Running with hood removed fixes the issue, but there's major problems with doing this on a routine basis. Turns into a steam sauna.

I have replaced and bled the DOT 5 Fluid, and have ordered a hood fan kit. Unfortunately, the hood on my 2007 frontier does not have a scoop or vents. The later models did.

I can get a later model argo hood with a scoop from the used market, but I am unsure of the compatibility.

Does anyone know whether later model hoods with a Scoop will fit a 2007 Frontier?

Thanks for your advice.

https://ibb.co/K27qq3V
    Last edited by rockydog44; 11-23-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added image

Good question, never understood why they figured a solid hood would be a good idea, they've always has some kind of vent as far as i know. looking at the frontiers i cant see much difference it looks to me the same exact hood just a scoop added on the later models (they had to know eventually they would get complaints about overheat as its an issue, hood vent or not) but i am not sure maybe a question for Argo themselves.

+ Reply to Thread