Oil Temperature?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Temperature?

Oil Temperature?

Can someone tell me the hottest I should be running before cooling off? Went for a drive today in deep snow and worried most of the time that I was pushing to hard.I have no low range because I'm trying to get a little playtime in before I rebuild the tranny in the spring. My argo dealer tells me it's a couple of tiny brass spacers need replaced on each side of a gear.Back to the temp. I was running about 230 deg. Still had fun though.

I don't know your answer , but here is a link to an oil additive made to reduce oil temps. Two2cool Lubricants & Coolants

Thanks doccerny. Here's a better way of asking. What temp. does your machine work at and when do you cool it down? Any info. would be great, thanks.

I think that is a hard question to ask because of the lack of guages. I do know when the fan broke of of the powermax and it got hot it ran strange and was easy to tell something wasnt right. Hope that helps.

I put a lazer temp reader on a motorcycle engines heads, and in the summer when it seemed like it was getting real hot it was running about 250 degrees in the warmest spot. I don't kwow if that would help.

Thanks guys. As you know I'm new at this, so I only assume that there is a perfect answer for everything.I guess overall I think I'm just looking for a comfort level here.I'm a black or white kinda guy i guess.18 hp 8x8 with tracks and only high range breaking trail in deep snow prob. not the smartest thing to be doing anyway.Buy the way,shouldn't there be vents in the shroud by my knees for the rotor blower for air flow?

oil temp is higher than coolant, the boiling point is also way higher, if you check out the oil temp with most truckers you will have a real good idea what it should be
    hope that this helps you
    Darin
    mud and ice

Thanks man. This makes me feel a little easier about the heating i gave her. Going out tomorrow.

230 degrees isn't too bad. Remember that you want the engine generate enough heat to 'burn off' any of the water in the oil created by condensation.

as long as the engine dosent start pinging..( pre-ignition )

+ Reply to Thread