the deal of the century on chain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the deal of the century on chain

the deal of the century on chain

Use what resources are around you. It's harvest time in Tennessee, and would you believe it. The same 50-2 double chain on my Argo just so happens to be the same chain as the chain on a Case International cotton picker. I was able to get 40 feet of chain for 3 dollars a foot! It's proudly stamped "made in the USA" too.!! I would just about bet the farm that this chain is tripple/quad the strength of the factory chain. My father in law gave me the idea, he's a farmer, and they're arent too many folks as smart as a farmer. He says they use the same chain on grain carts for beans/corn. So you guys in the midwest check out your local John Deere dealer.

Any of you Alaska guys need me to ship you a few feet?
    Last edited by waylonh; 10-15-2009 at 01:13 AM.

I found out the same thing myself. Several years ago I decided to replace my chains due to normal wear, and after realizing the amount of chain and the capital required to do it I figured that I should go with the best stuff I could get to keep from having to do it again anytime soon. While visiting my grandfather's farm, I happened to notice several lengths of chain hanging in one of his barns and the lightbulb in my head went off.

I figured out how many lengths I would need and how long each needed to be, then visited my local John Deere dealer and bought the #60 & #50 chain pre-cut to fit my machine. (I also bought two lengths to re-chain my Rokon 2x2 while I was at it.) Best investment I ever made. Chain adjustment became occasional & infrequent instead of daily/weekly. Of course everyone rides differently and in different situations so your mileage may vary, but I still recommend looking into this option if it's time for new chain(s). I didn't get mine at any super deal as it was during the off season, so it actually cost me more than the cheaper China-made junk. However in this case it was definately one of those "you get what you pay for" scenarios.

+ Reply to Thread