Attex ATVs History

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex ATVs History

Attex ATVs History

Here's what I've got so far:

Attex was started in Glenshaw, PA in 1968 by David McCahill. He designed "the fastest AATV ever produced". It was bright yellow and named Attex after a Deer in Africa.

The company was sold several times but the most interesting owner to me was Howard Gerber, the owner and designer of RIM!

Although production was slim after 1985, there were a few machines made up until 1993 when the company's assets were sold. They were sold once more in 1995 and there have been no machines since.

Anybody know what happened from there?
    Last edited by Mike; 09-04-2009 at 10:44 PM.

So what happened to the company???? when was the last aatv made by them?

I think David McCahill still lives around here in Pittsburgh and his son also but I have no info on the comapny would really like to know where its at?
    Last edited by Mike; 09-04-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: cleaning up thread

attex history 1

so what is the newest attex that anyone has run into in there journey i always see 197? attex would love to see pics of some newer ones

Dave McChahill is my in-laws neighbor. Any Questions? I will ask.

Quote Originally Posted by c9576 View Post
    Please get him to give his view on what went on and the highs and lows of the company. It seems like they were on top of the world until the mid 1980s then nearly fell off the radar. Probably had a lot to do with the Japanese atv invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by c9576 View Post
    Ask him what the letters stamped on the frames denote.

+ Reply to Thread