Attex 1000 series Bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Attex 1000 series Bigfoot

Cool pics! Thanks for posting those, I was actually looking for a couple of those. I remember seeing the one (where the Bigfoot is sitting with no wheels or tires and all the junk on it) from that old Attex site. Take a close look at that picture and you'll see a poly Hustler rear seat/engine cover with the factory cargo rack sitting on the deck of the Attex Bigfoot.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I was more interested by the fact that Mike has not censored a photo with someone giving the finger to the camera man. Must not of really wanted to sell it.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Been awhile since I looked at this thread,real glad to see that MattO and the young upstart have taken renewed interest in this project,as I understand it from reading various posts Matt is hip deep in taking his vision to the next level talking about the Mudd Ox,it is understood that the level of commitment to make a dent or make it anywhere in the manufacturing world today can erode a persons time and desire,this sport would have not even got off the drawing board without people willing to risk it all and then play catch up with their own company,and to lend time to a resto project to a one off piece of AATV history well Kudo,s to you guys.Cheers NCT

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    I was more interested by the fact that Mike has not censored a photo with someone giving the finger to the camera man. Must not of really wanted to sell it.

Keith.
    I looked at that and concluded that he may have had a cigarette

This threads been dead for a while.......
    What's up with the Bigfoot, Matt ?

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    This threads been dead for a while.......
    What's up with the Bigfoot, Matt ?
    For the past few months we've been talking about getting it running and turning it into a party barge for cruising around Ashtabula. Camper lights, lawn chairs with umbrellas, the works Yesterday at dinner we decided we need to check out the rigidity of the boxes that the drivetrain runs through, to make sure it will hold up. With the Jeep project (hopefully) done in March we're bringing the racers in, then would be the Bigfoot.

With the Jeep project (hopefully) done in March
    What's the Jeep project?
    Start a new thread with pictures.....

Cant wait to see the reincarnation of the Bigfoot,ground work being laid at the NCT ranch for a motorhome and new trailer combo for trips South of Dee border(YES) I want to see this piece and Ash its on my bucket list.NCT

The ATTEX 1000 Bigfoot. I saw one at a trade show many years back (30+ years). I watched a film about it there and climbed on the machine. My thinking then as now was that it was an evolutionary dead end without much possibility of getting into mass production and going forward. It looked like it was awkward to handle and grossly underpowered. If one became stuck it would be a major ordeal to unstick it.

I love a rebuilt old machine, but it seems to be this would take a lot of time and resources and really what would it show? That Attex had a failure.

My two cents is to lay this thing out in the back fourty.

Hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

A better deal would be for a manufacturer to bring back the smaller and more successful line-up like a new run of Superchiefs, hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    The ATTEX 1000 Bigfoot. I saw one at a trade show many years back (30+ years). I watched a film about it there and climbed on the machine. My thinking then as now was that it was an evolutionary dead end without much possibility of getting into mass production and going forward. It looked like it was awkward to handle and grossly underpowered. If one became stuck it would be a major ordeal to unstick it.

I love a rebuilt old machine, but it seems to be this would take a lot of time and resources and really what would it show? That Attex had a failure.

My two cents is to lay this thing out in the back fourty.

Hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

A better deal would be for a manufacturer to bring back the smaller and more successful line-up like a new run of Superchiefs, hint hint.
    All you guys know me. I can't let her site and die forever. There will be life once again. Now if I could only get the damn jeep out of my way...

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

+ Reply to Thread