Attex Lil-Monster Truck

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex Lil-Monster Truck

Hybrid View

Attex Lil-Monster Truck

I have always liked the way the lil-trucks looked, and wanted one for quite some time....
    Well, last summer at Ashtabula I finally got one. More like a body and a bunch of pieces of one, but still, it was a lil-truck.
    All the axles had been cut and parts were missing so I decided to give it a good upgrade.
    The original tires, I suspect were 21", had been rubbing the tub, probably due to body sag. This thing was in serious need of some TLC.

My goal here is for 26" tires with Adair tracks over them. That was my original goal with building the MaxII bigfoot ( http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-tall-tub.html ) but with the 40hp motor and not changing the gear ratio I think it is just too fast for tracks...... For the Lil-truck I took a MaxII and stretched the frame. I used an uncut lower tub to put the holes where I wanted and epoxied it to the Attex lower. I had to add about 8" in length (bigger truck bed) and 1 1/2" in width at the rear. The maxII frame is 1" wider than the Attex and I wanted to be able to get the frame in and out. I'm keeping the original 18hp Briggs motor, but gearing it down a little. The maxII jackshaft has a 22t sprocket paired to a 22t on the center axle. I replaced the jackshaft sprocket with a 15 tooth. By my calculations, with a 26" tire I should have the ground speed of a MaxIV with the little 21" tires.....so, just a little faster than a typical Argo in hi gear. Hopefully this will make for a perfect trail machine.

Here is my progress so far[IMG][/IMG]

Link to the gallery: http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/g116...ter-truck.html
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 11-17-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Gallery link

Very nice looking machine, I look forward to the build. I think you are right on in keeping the 18horse engine. Its all it needs with the gearing and relatively light weight.

Another cool build!
    "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything"

"Theres the right way to do things, the wrong way to things, and the way everyone else does it"

Max II, 22 Inch Rawhides, Winch, 16hp Briggs Vanguard...My First AATV...

Progress update....

Body band painted and installed. Axles ready to go...5 of them anyway, the 6th is bent. MaxII frame was a very tight fit.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 11-23-2013 at 09:22 PM.

That's going to be nice when finished! To take one apart and reassemble it is one thing but to alter machines like you ,hydromike,Whipper,just to name a few are doing is taking it to a higher level for sure. You need a bigger trailer for the Ashtabula rides!

Joe.

Sitting on 22" rawhides. Winch mount and roll cage nearly done. Now I need to decide on some auxiliary lighting and how it will mount to the bar.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread