1st. Attex Rebuild done over.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1st. Attex Rebuild done over.

Frame in,bearings,axles,sprockets,chains all in,trans was already on frame when stuffed down in tub. Engine,belt,battery & exhaust system installed. Throttle,choke,new fuel line & filter,engine harness all hooked up. Winch power wires extended the required 3,yes 3,inches,doh. Nice fresh 100% gasoline into tank. Pretty sure it's down to install original seat (4 screws) and clean & paint one wheel,mount Runamuk on it. Oh,gotta buy some lug nuts. Other than that I think we're ready for a cooler..............er,I mean a ride. Gotta share a few laughs had during this build. Since I rarely pass up an opportunity to scare the living daylights outta myself,I just had to take advantage of these two. Day after all bearings,axles,sprockets and front chains were installed I decided "lets see how she rolls". So,as I begin movin' her, I start hearing this awful crunching/popping shot drivetrain noises worse than any I have heard in the past. Oh,wait,lets tighten the two lug nuts per wheel that I put on hand tight the nite before,yep,that cured it. Yesterday when I ran the engine up for the first time in almost 19 months I waited til it was warmed up nice then began giving some throttle to watch the belt. All of a sudden,at about WOT the entire elec system shuts down. There is one fuse for everything (Gizmo's kinda simple) and I notice the holder is very warm along with a blown fuse. Feed another fuse,run er up,same thing. Notice fuse holder is a little warmer yet,telling me this is not a dead short but more of an overload condition. Oh,wait,how dead was that battery,pretty darn,eh? Yep,just the stator trying to put a 15 amp charge on the battery through a 10 amp fuse. Battery placed on charger.
    Last edited by JoeMeg; 12-30-2015 at 11:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread