my first 6x6 / attex build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: my first 6x6 / attex build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gh...e_gdata_player Had it out on the ice today what a blast

Nice to see you out having fun, thanks for sharing.

Great job! Now you know the effort was worth it! Time to start another project!

That looks like such a cool spot to ride at. I LOVE the sound of those JLO twins......that whine and axial fan spinning is reminiscent of a supercharger. Great work, she looks like a million bucks!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks guys it was a fun project. I brought it back to life lol next I am going to build a seat fraim so the seat is not sitting on the body. I am going to use one inch square tubing. I want to make it like the seat in a max 4 what do u guys think

Quote Originally Posted by brian v View Post
    I am going to build a seat fraim so the seat is not sitting on the body. I am going to use one inch square tubing. I want to make it like the seat in a max 4 what do u guys think

I think it's a fantastic idea. I've had a couple different Attex machines that had something like that. Both looked to be original factory-attempts at reinforcing things. I duplicated what the factory did with some 1" square tubing when I put my Chief together.

It's nice that it takes just about all of the load off of the body. You can also put a rivet or a bolt through the ends of the tubing and hold the body up to the seat frame. ABS doesn't really ever sag much, though (compared to HDPE...). I also had an ST/295 years ago that had a piece of 1" tubing bolted to the frame right under the middle of the floor pan. it was located just behind the sticks if I remember right, and it was located so that whenever you stepped into the bottom of the machine, the load was on the 1" tube under the floor pan. It eliminated flexing of the pan, and you could stand right up on it and bounce around without risking the pan.

Still liking those lights Brian?

I am in need of at least one so I figure I might as well get a set. Mine measure 5.5 round though, is that stock do you know?

Plus I have all stock battery size and engine so I can't go crazy big on watts

They are bright but I never got it to charge the battery I think my voltage regulator is bad so I never got to see how it charges with them running the night riding that I have been doing Has only been short 20 min and they stayed bright for the ride but I have not been riding for a bit now my engine is on its way out it is raddling bad piston in the jlo 400 have a ton of slop so I have to get some parts

+ Reply to Thread