my first 6x6 / attex build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: my first 6x6 / attex build

my first 6x6 / attex build

Hi I am in the process of putting all the pieces together when I got this 6x6 it was all taken apart And missing some stuff And it was parts from two different attexs so I took on a project and a half . I got all new bearings from buffalo bearing , 3 to 5 lug wheel adaptors , a nice set of used and wheels tires and front brake set up off drew. So far I sand blasted the frame and gears and axles. I painted the frame with chassis saver black and sprayed the axles and sprockets with stainless steal paint I got the jlo 400 running on the floor to my shop but dose not seem to be running right. have not been able to post pics in hear I can up load in the gallery just not hear I don't know what I am doing wrong I have most of the pic posted in there when I was working on the body And frame

Great job, Brian! Copy and paste the link below the picture where it says "linked thumbnail" and it should put a small pic of it in your post here.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

OK thanks JP I will give that a try

Looked at some pic's in your gallery. Nice looking project you have there. Ready for the trails at Pine Lake this summer? What sort of Chevy is up on stands in the the one pic?

It looks like it was originally a 6-chain machine with the chain marks. The body is probably from an ST not a colt. The frame was replaced with a true 4-chain(better) frame at some point.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks Joe it has came a long way From when I got it. That is my 1986 s10 blazer I am putting a 1988 tpi 350 and a 5 speed trans in it one of my other projects

Dose 6.22$ per foot sound hi for #50 roller chain ?

Quote Originally Posted by brian v View Post
    Dose 6.22$ per foot sound hi for #50 roller chain ?
    Way too expensive! Try ebay instead. Search 50 roller chain. Get a good brand like Tsubaki, Peer, Morse, or Diamond. Here's a steal on a brand new 10' box for less than $25 shipped. I'd stock up on this......

New in Box Peer Roller Chain 50 R Ten Feet Free SHIP | eBay
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Witch belt would u guys recommend hp3013 hp3012 I am not sure witch one to get thanks
    That roller chain dose seem like a good deal I am going to buy some thanks jpswift
    Last edited by brian v; 12-19-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Well I got the wheels and tires on it I can finally roll it around the garage IMG_20131223_173434667 - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    Last edited by brian v; 12-25-2013 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread