Attex project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Attex project

I can't tell from the picture Lance, but was the crankcase getting pressurized from a bad head gasket?

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    I can't tell from the picture Lance, but was the crankcase getting pressurized from a bad head gasket?
    Sure looks like it's blown, a ton of carbon on there also.

yes. direct from cylinder to oil return galley. The engine would smoke a little when getting on the gas. I pulled the air cleaner and saw the breather blowing oil right in to the carb. Holiding wide open, I did see a puff of smoke from the gasket area, then I saw it leaking oil.

1st try at the engine cover using anything I could find in the shop. I like the way it came out. I will clean it up a little bit and find some matching expanded metal for the top. I'm also going to build a luggage rack for it.

Looks very nice Lance.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

I like it! Nice work! I like both sides but I almost like the diamond holed side better then the square holed mesh.

I thought it looked good the way it was. The beer errr cargo holder would be a good addition, but mismatched metal on the cover is cool.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Did you make your rollbar yet?

Just moving the camper to the other garage.

This is a very nice machine. I like the U-channel pivot mods. I expect I'll be doing this too. Thanks for the pics of this mod.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread