Caliper removal on attex baker hill 7000

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caliper removal on attex baker hill 7000

Caliper removal on attex baker hill 7000

Hey yall,

I am in the process of rebuilding my st300d.

I am trying to remove and rebuild the brake calipers so the machine is ready for action with no problems. The levers were a bit floppy and sticky.

So I removed the 4 Allen plugs on the outside and I was lucky enough to have one shaft come out with little. Trouble. The others though... I have tried penetration oil, heating the case, a pry bar and nailing hammer on the bolt head that is threaded into the shaft and using a nut and washer on the bolt I thread into the end of the shaft to try to pull the shaft out.

Does anyone have any advice?

I just did this the other day, soaked mine with Kroil and then applied some heat. It took a while but eventually came out. I am also restoring a ST/300/D.

I guess persistence is all I need then. Got the Kroil

Well finally got them out. Persistence is key

+ Reply to Thread