Attex Colt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attex Colt

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    It is an SA-280 with electric start. The guy that I bought it from said that it did run but it had not been run in a few years. When I pulled it out I noticed that the external coil is missing. Everything else looks like it is there.
    That's a 277cc Sachs......exactly what Amphicats used.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey Smud'....

Nice looking 295. If you really want to have a heck of a lot of fun, you can bolt in an ST/400 engine mount and directly bolt in a 400 or 440 JLO/Cuyuna. In stock form, their aren't a whole lot more machines that are faster. Do you plan on working with the Sachs, or doing a 4-stroke repower?

I don't know anything about Sachs so I was thinking about changing to a 4-stroke but at the same time I have a JLO 440 and 910 clutch just sitting here reading to be put in to something. I am just not sure my wife would like running it. If I go for the 4-stroke I will have to spend, spend, spend. I don't mind that but it will have to be done by June because I want to bring it to Pine lake. Do you have the engine mount that I need?

I don't think your wife would like to trail ride it with a big old 2-stroke in it. Those cheap harbor freight engines and a clutch set is all you need to 4-stroke it. No sense in building her something she won't enjoy driving. Now if you want to race it, that's an entirely different story.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I don't think your wife would like to trail ride it with a big old 2-stroke in it. Those cheap harbor freight engines and a clutch set is all you need to 4-stroke it. No sense in building her something she won't enjoy driving. Now if you want to race it, that's an entirely different story.
    I talked to her and here is the plan. Put the 440 in since I have it and it will cost next to nothing to put in. If she likes it stay with it. If she doesn't then I will four stroke it or race it.

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    I talked to her and here is the plan. Put the 440 in since I have it and it will cost next to nothing to put in. If she likes it stay with it. If she doesn't then I will four stroke it or race it.
    If you put a 440 in it, it has to be raced!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    If you put a 440 in it, it has to be raced!
    I have a 440 in mine!

+ Reply to Thread